Dr. Freitas does 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class medical exams for airman medical certificates.
Consultations only: $50.00
A FIRST CLASS certificate
is required to exercise the privileges of pilot-in-command for an airline transport pilot certificate.
- If the airmen is age 40 or over on or before the date of examination, the medical is valid for 6 calendar months.
- If the holder of the first-class medical has not reached age 40 on or before the date of examination, the first-class medical is valid for 12 calendar months.
A SECOND CLASS certificate
is required for commercial duties (e.g., for crop dusters, corporate pilots, second-in command airline pilots) and is valid for 1 year (12 calendar months).
- Those exercising the privileges of a flight engineer certificate, a flight navigator certificate, or acting as air traffic control tower operator must hold a second-class airman medical certificate.
A THIRD CLASS certificate
is required to exercise the privileges of a private pilot certificate, recreational pilot certificate, a flight instructor certificate, or a student pilot certificate.
- If the airman is not yet 40 at the time of examination, the medical certificate is valid for 5 years
- If the airman is 40 or older, the medical certificate is valid for 24 months
Your FAA medical application must be completed online prior to your appointment. It can be completed up to 60 days in advance of your appointment. You must bring the 8-12 digit number assigned to our application. This number is at the bottom of the completed application and will also be sent to you by email from the FAA.
Information entered into MedXPress is available to your FAA-designated Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) for review at the time of your medical examination ONLY if you provide 8 – 12 digit number assigned to your application.